The day when you run out of ideas and know that you should post on your blog? Today is my day. So in honor of this moment, we will play the game I sometimes have to employ at the end of my Sunday School class–you know, when the service runs long and the children are hungry and antsy? They are allowed to ask me one question. Here are ten random facts about me:
- I have multiple Christmas trees in my home. Yup…one of “those” people. I even have multiple decorations in case I feel like changing the house from one year to the next. I’ve tried to donate/throw away some of my Christmas storage tubs, but I’m just not ready. Each year, I tell myself, “Next year.”
- Acting my age is overrated. As a high school senior, I was voted eternal freshman and I still strive to live up to the title. Just ask Thing 1 and she will roll her eyes in agreement. But, I love how old I am because there is wisdom in the years gained.
- I taught myself to snap with both hands because someone told me I couldn’t do it as a kid. And to punctuate my point, I learned to write with my left hand too, although I’m out of practice now.
- My favorite color is green.
- I live next door to my mom and dad. In the country. An few acres apart. More like kinda next door, with trees and bushes we planted so we aren’t staring into each others back yards. Because that would be plain weird.
- Teaching first through third grade Sunday School is magical to me. They come in barely able to scrawl their names on the paper and by the time they leave, they can help the littles and recite the ten commandments using signs. Also, they have active imaginations and ask me questions like: If you could have your hair be any color, what would it be? Silly kids, I’m blond on purpose.
- Pastor’s kid.Not the type from Footloose.
- I prefer cats over dogs. This doesn’t mean that I don’t like dogs. Currently, there are three canines in the Bennett house, outnumbering the two kitties. There is something about a cat’s attitude I like more. And, they are more self efficient. I could share stories about that, but it would probably cause gag reflexes.
- My favorite meal is homemade roasted turkey and mashed potatoes. No gravy. Ick.
- I wish I could wear contacts, but my eyes are shaped like a football.
There you have it. Ten useless bits of information. Anyone else stubborn enough to learn how to be ambidextrous?