I was attacked by a ninja on Monday.
Chuck Norris and I were sparing.
There was a pack of stick wielding thugs.
A random stick impaled me.
I stepped on a stick on Monday.
While this may seem ordinary to you, as it was to me on Sunday, I am now otherwise informed. By someone with “M.D.” after his name, no less.
You see, sticks apparently have it out for the human race. Not only are they pretend guns and swords, make slingshots or prop up boxes to catch heffalumps and woozles, they have a knack to create havoc with one’s immunity.
And while I searched high and low for a Bible verse about sticks, mostly I laid around. Or, if you’re good friends with the thesaurus, I lounged. Doctor’s orders.
Lounging is overrated for someone that likes to be busy. That’s me. And, unfortunately, the creative juices don’t just flow because I’m at a physical stand still. When I stopped and considered, I now see the things I’ve learned:
- God gets my attention in inventive and odd ways.
- God created that poor stick. I crushed that little stick’s soul.
- I wish the story had ninjas or Chuck Norris.
- Even binge watching can get boring.
- God’s sense of humor was apparent by the angle of that stick.
- Really, really wish ninjas were involved.
So once again, it’s a one post week and I apologize. To all six of you…